General Terms & Conditions of Purchase / Sale Workshop (1 day)
Date: Monday, 5 March 2018
Venue: Premier Hotel Midrand, Midrand, Johannesburg
Address: 187 3rd Road, Midrand 1685, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Price: R 3, 150, - (excl. VAT) - includes workshop material, refreshments & lunch (1 day)
About this workshop
General terms and conditions of sale or purchase define the rights and obligations of the contracting parties, when a purchase is awarded or a sale is entered into.
Terms and conditions of sale or purchase are mostly non-negotiable and are attached to a sale or award. These include 'general conditions' which are common to all types of contracts. They should, however, be balanced between the supplier and the purchaser. If, however, one party wants a set of clauses that lean towards a disadvantage to the other party, these should be modified so that a negotiating position to move is created rather than simply accepting the terms as they are.
This workshop is designed to aid in the understanding and interpretation of General Terms and Conditions of Sale or Purchase, including:
• Legislation, including the Consumer Protection Act
• Legal effects
• Obligations of the Seller
• Obligations of the Buyer
• Risk and Benefit
• Conditional Sales / Purchase
Who Should Attend
Individuals at all levels of an organisation who use general terms and conditions on a routine basis and who need to understand the risks and obligations in agreeing to such terms and conditions. This includes: Procurement Managers, Procurement Specialists, Contract Managers, Contract Specialists, Contract Administrators, Facilities Managers, Project Managers, Logistics Managers, Logistics Specialists, Operations Managers, Supply Chain Managers, Supply Chain Specialists, Sourcing Managers, Sourcing Specialists, Commercial Managers, Commodity Managers, Commodity Specialists, Category Managers, Finance Managers.
Benefits and Outcomes
- Understand the basic principles of terms and conditions of contract
- Know the legislation pertaining to a sale and/or purchase
- Understand the framework of typical terms and conditions of sale and purchase
- Know the legal obligations of the parties
- Learn how to identify inequitable terms and conditions and how to address them
- Understand the risks and opportunities
- Learn how to manage and administer General Terms & Conditions of Sale / Purchase agreements
- Work through practical exercises and case studies
Bespoke is a B-BBEE Level 2 contributor and is awarded Services SETA accreditation no. 12188.