Three Bid Committee System Workshop for Public Sector (3 days)
Date: 20 - 22 November 2018
Venue: Burgers Park Hotel, Pretoria
Address: 424 Lilian Ngoyi Street, Pretoria, 0002, Gauteng, South Africa
Price: R 6,495, - (excl. VAT) (3 days) - includes delegate pack with workshop material; and refreshments and lunch
Register 4 delegates and the 4th attends free of charge. 10% discount for ACCMA, CIPS, IRMSA and SAIEE members.
About this workshop
Members serving on Public Sector Three Bid Committees are responsible for developing specifications, evaluating bids and adjudicating and awarding contracts.
The aim of the workshop is to improve the delegate’s knowledge, skills and attitude in the evaluation, adjudication and award of quotations and bids. It is specifically designed for members of specification, evaluation and adjudication committees and all other relevant role players.
The workshop addresses the requirements for the Supply Chain Management bidding system within the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA) and Municipal Finance Management Act (MFMA). All spheres of government and government entities are required to establish procurement practices in line with the direction of the Constitution of South Africa.
This 3 day workshop comprehensively responds to the above aims and objectives, covering the following key elements:
• Overview of Public Sector SCM
• Code of Conduct for Bid Committee Members
• Development of Specification and Compilation of ToR’s
• Evaluation of Bids
• Adjudication and Award of Contracts
• Application of the Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act (PPPFA)
Who Should Attend
Individuals at all levels of a public sector organisation whose job function requires them to work with the development of specifications, evaluation of bids and adjudication and award of contracts. This includes: Public Sector Supply Chain Management Practitioners, Senior Managers, Managers, Directors, Accounting Officers, CFO’s, HoD’s, DG’s, DDG’s, Bid Adjudication / Award / Evaluation Committee Members and End Users.
Benefits and Outcomes
• Overview of the Bid system
• Applying knowledge of the applicable regulatory framework (PFMA/MFMA/BBBEE) to ensure compliance with the accounting process
• Know the importance of ethical conduct at all stages of the bid committee process
• Understand pre-qualification of bidders
• Understand score sheets and calculations
• Applying knowledge of the functions of the Bid Specification Committee
• Applying knowledge of the functions of the Bid Evaluation Committee
• Applying knowledge of the functions of the Bid Adjudication Committee
• Understand competitiveness and competitive bidding methods
• Know post bid management and reporting
This workshop is aligned with SAQA Unit Standard No.: 337061
Bespoke is a B-BBEE Level 2 contributor and is awarded Services SETA accreditation no. 12188 in South Africa.