Bespoke presents the inaugural Third Party Risk Management Summit 2019 scheduled to take place from 19 – 21 February 2019 in Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) is the process whereby companies monitor and manage interactions with all external parties with which it has a relationship. This may include both contractual and non-contractual parties. TPRM is conducted primarily for the purpose of assessing the ongoing behaviour, performance and risk that each third-party relationship represents to a company.
Key elements of the TPRM process include supplier / vendor information management, corporate and social responsibility compliance, supplier risk management, IT vendor risk, anti-bribery / corruption compliance, information security compliance, performance measurement and contract risk management.
Day 1 Seminar - Tuesday, 19 February 2019
Seminar theme: Driving enterprise value through third party risk management
Today, as a result of the global nature of the economy and the complexity of business relationships, risk management efforts of every business must be more comprehensive than ever. Risks that require monitoring and managing range from financial, operational, legal, and regulatory concerns to environmental, reputational, and technology-related risks.
The majority of companies today rely heavily on suppliers and contractors for the provision of goods and services or for outsourcing a part of their supply chain. Suppliers are spread across regions, continents and the globe whilst crossing the cultural and language divides. Many companies have limited and antiquated knowledge of suppliers and the environments in which they operate, acutely affecting their ability to successfully manage the dynamics of their supply chain.
During this one-day seminar you will hear from expert speakers and leading companies, sharing up-to-date knowledge and in-depth practical tips about Third Party Risk Management, including the associated compliance and governance requirements.
Topics in Focus
- Driving enterprise value through third party risk management
- Building a strong third party risk assurance programme
- Managing third party risk in a changing regulatory environment
- Mitigating exposure to risk through continuous assessment and evaluation
- The risks and influences of industry 4.0 – the impact on third party relationships
- Conceptualising and implementing a third-party risk management programme
Day 2 & Day 3 Workshop - Wednesday, 20 February 2019 and Thurday, 21 February 2019
Workshop Subject : Practical approaches to third party risk management
Added value: a one-day 'deep dive'' technical workshop facilitated by Zunaid Mohidin, CEO of Cynapse Consulting & Principal Associate at Bespoke Group Africa.
With increased regulatory scrutiny, continuing cost pressures, active investors, and a vigilant public, businesses today must have a clear understanding of the risks that are inherent in external business relationships. By recognizing and proactively addressing these third-party issues, business leaders can reduce exposure to risk and achieve stronger relationships with service providers, suppliers, and delivery partners. The end result: a nimbler, more responsive, and more profitable operation.
Third party relationships should be assessed from a strategic point of view to address risk that is related to market positioning, business models, the impact on society, the environment and economies.
During this workshop you will:
- Understand the importance of Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC)
- Learn the fundamentals of Third Party Risk Management
- Know the scope of Third Parties and the “Threat Landscape”
- Understand Third Party Risk governance, compliance and regulatory environments
- Learn key due diligence methodologies
- Learn approaches to managing Third Party Risk (incl. governance and oversight)
- Know how to sustain a TPRM Framework
- Learn the phases of establishing a TPRM Framework
- Participants will work in a practical session to start modelling their “fit-for-purpose” TPRM Strategy and Plan.
For more information about this prestigious event, go to the event website at www.scm-risk.co.za