Total Cost of Ownership & Opportunity Analysis Workshop (2 days)
Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Opportunity Analysis (OA) are valuable strategic tools for unpacking key cost elements and resources to drive sourcing initiatives, together with the appropriate allocation of assets.
Dates: 12 & 13 April 2018
Venue: Focus Rooms, Sunninghill, Johannesburg
Address: The Intel Core Shopping Centre, Leeuwkop Rd, Sunninghill 2191, Johannesburg
Price: R 7, 995, - (excl. VAT) - includes delegate pack, learner guide, refreshments & lunch
Register 3 delegates and the 4th attends free of charge. 10% discount for ACCMA, CIPS, IRMSA and SAPICS members.
About the workshop
Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) analysis uncovers all of the lifetime costs that follow from owning assets. Opportunity Analysis (OA) identifies methods for capturing value through sourcing.
The central aim of effective strategic procurement is to satisfy business needs and, at the same time, provide value for money. In order to meet this aim, it is first necessary to understand the needs, establish all the costs associated with satisfying such needs over time and ensure the best use of financial assets and other pertinent resources for achieving this goal.
This two-day workshop includes case studies and worked examples, as delegates explore how to understand and break down asset ownership cost elements and how to best optimise the allocation of assets to extract maximum value from sourcing, including:
- Demand management;
- Budgeting and planning;
- Prioritising asset purchase proposals;
- Evaluating project proposals;
- Capturing value through sourcing;
- Asset life cycle management.
Who Should Attend
Individuals at all levels of an organisation, whose job function requires them to conduct strategic sourcing activities, develop commercial bid content, conduct negotiations and/or conclude contracts.
This includes: Procurement Managers, Procurement Specialists, Category Managers, Category Specialists, Commodity Managers, Commodity Specialists, Sourcing Managers, Sourcing Specialists, Contract Managers, Contract Specialists, Risk Managers, Logistics Managers, Logistics Specialists, Operations Managers, Supply Chain Managers, Supply Chain Specialists, Commercial Managers, Finance Managers, Engineering Managers, Facilities Managers, IT Managers, Construction Managers and Project Managers.
Benefits and Outcomes
- Understand demand management;
- Prepare budgets to optimise needs satisfaction;
- Understand Life Cycle Management, including Ownership Life, Economic Life, Service Life and Depreciable Life;
- Analyse costs, including Acquisition Costs, Operating Costs and Change Costs;
- Learn how to build TCO models;
- Learn how to conduct Opportunity Analysis;
- Know how to conduct data mining to support and facilitate decision-making;
- Know how to research opportunities to maximise benefits from resource allocation;
- Understand the link between Strategic Sourcing and TCO;
- Develop a structured methodology that can be applied across a wide range of commodities;
- Promote creative thinking, problem solving, collaboration and teamwork.
Bespoke is a B-BBEE Level 2 contributor and is awarded Services SETA accreditation no. 12188.